- Listed: December 3, 2015 11:59 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty since more than 50 years.
Cuso International and implementing partners developed a youth-driven approach to support sustainable economic activities in key sectors (forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism) identified by the CRS government and other key stakeholders. The project also strengthen capacity of government at State and LGA levels, youth serving civil society organizations, training organizations, and financial institutions to develop and implement a policy framework as the basis of increasing employment, self-employment and secured livelihoods for young women and men in the natural resource sectors.
YouLead Project Team Leader
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationCross River
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit Project Management
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Contract type: 3 Year Contract
Reports to: Project Director
- Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Team Leader is the key YouLead Senior Staff responsible for providing leadership to the Project Team, comprised of (five) program area managers and support staff.
- The Project Team Leader is primarily accountable for the implementation of the project activities and the effective and efficient achievement of project objectives and outcomes.
- Provide leadership to the Project Team for the effective and efficient implementation of the YouLead Project.
- Mobilise broad support for YouLead in Cross River State by developing partnerships with a range of organisations and institutions (local authorities, private sector, civil society).
- Lead on the development of the project annual work plan and project budget involving relevant Cuso International staff and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual work plan in close coordination with the Project Team, the project partners and the Cuso International staff.
- Lead on the development and monitoring of the annual project budget in coordination with the Project Director, Finance and Administration Manager and the Project Team.
- Oversee the provision of gender sensitive technical support in the areas of youth entrepreneurship in the natural resource sectors, value chain analysis, market development, access to finance for young entrepreneurs, sustainable management of natural resources management and policy development.
- Supervise the design of a strong gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation system.
- Supervise the timely production of quality reporting.
- Oversee the mobilisation and management of local and international volunteers.
- Supervise the development and implementation of a comprehensive project communication strategy.
- Provide regular financial and operational reports to the Project Director and the Project Steering Committee.
Staff Management and Team work:
- Carry out annual performance appraisals of Project Team members; provide regular and appropriate supervision through coaching, guidance and directions.
- Develop and implement plans to respond to collective staff development and training needs of Project Team members.
- Deal with any Project Team member underperformance in line with relevant Cuso International procedures and local employment law.
- Recruit and induct staff and ensure all Human Resources policies are understood and implemented effectively throughout the YouLead Project, with the support of the Project Director, and Cuso International, as necessary.
- Demonstrate, encourage and support effective Project Team collaboration, as well as collaboration with YouLead partners and stakeholders, regionally and globally, as related to the Project.
- Deputize for the Project Director or other colleagues as required.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Director of International Programs, from time to time.
- University degree in a field related to the position, such as international development or business; project management degree an asset.
Leadership and Project Management:
- Proven practical experience of developing and managing project cycles from an initial idea, through development and implementation, to monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven practical experience in mainstreaming gender equality in all aspects of project implementation.
- Ability to think and plan strategically; proven ability to lead, manage and inspire teams; and proven ability to develop and implement project ideas.
- Proven practical experience developing and managing a range of partnerships with government, private sector and civil society organisations.
Significant practical, analytical and theoretical knowledge and experience of international development issues and responses in the following areas:
- Sustainable natural resource management
- Entrepreneurship and business development
- Role and contribution of volunteering in its many forms, and in particular, appreciation of what volunteering brings to international development
- Strong awareness and understanding of gender and equity issues, and knowledge of issues affecting young women and men
- Appreciation of the contribution that the private sector and business development approaches can bring to development
- Proven on-going commitment to keeping abreast of current development thinking.
- Proven experience to lead, inspire, manage, coach and mentor staff at both an individual and collective levels.
- Practical knowledge and experience of creating high performance teams; a results orientated work culture; and dealing effectively with under performance.
- Proven experience of developing, phasing, managing, monitoring and revising large ($ 1 million +) and complex budgets in line with all internal and external contractual obligations.
- Proven experience to work effectively in a multi-cultural context, in multiple teams, and where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Proven ability to be self serving in IT (Outlook, Email, databases, basic excel, Powerpoint, amongst others) and willingness to develop IT skills in order to improve effectiveness at work.
Method of Application
Application Closing Date
11:59 pm Eastern Time, 18th December, 2015
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the recruitment reference: Project Team Leader, YouLead, 2015-66 clearly marked in the subject line of the application.
Note: No late applications will be considered. Your CV’s must not be longer than 4 pages in length and the covering letter, one page.To be considered, your resume and cover letter should be written in English and must demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
37733 total views, 7 today